Safecall Limited and its subsidiaries (the “Group”, “our”, “us” and "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions, as well as any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Safecall Limited.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect, keep a record of and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (“our site”). This includes information provided when you complete our on-line and enquiry forms.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to learn about our website visitors, and possibly target future advertising. All data is anonymised and we do not match it to usernames, email addresses or other personally identifying information. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics tracking by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Legal basis for processing personal information
The legal basis for collecting and processing your data is our legitimate interest in operating our site, providing you with access to the pages you wish to access, understanding the interests of visitors to our site, who may be customers or potential customers and providing you with relevant information about our services.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post, telephone, or email.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Safecall Limited or one of its subsidiaries or substantially all of its or their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it or them about its or their customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, object to, or restrict the processing of your data or request a copy of the data we hold about you or erasure of that data, you may contact us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
In your request please make clear what data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your data suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. For your protection, we may only implement requests in respect of the data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and our records, which will not be removed.
If you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Officer, at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Security and Retention
We will retain your data for as long as is permitted in light of the purposes for which it was collected. Where we no longer require your data for the purposes for which it was obtained we will retain it for a period of time which reasonably allows us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or if retention is advisable in light of our legal position. Aggregated or anonymised data may be retained for longer.
Cross Border Transfer
If it becomes necessary to transfer your data outside of the EEA we will put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data receives protection equivalent to that provided by data protection regulations applicable in the EEA.