Safecall have been successfully delivering investigation courses for several years to both public and private clients.
The suspension of all face-to-face educational courses in March 2020 has presented the opportunity to create a digital classroom-based investigation workshop.
The course duration is 2½ hours, delegates will be able to see, talk to and message the trainer live. Also, all the content from face-to-face courses can be viewed live online through the secure video link.
Class sizes will be small to facilitate interaction between the trainer and delegates.
The Safecall Investigators Handbook and associated literature will be available online for all delegates.
Using Microsoft Teams to host the course delegates will confirm their identity to the trainer within a virtual waiting room, and then enter the online classroom for the duration of the course.
Who is the course for
The workshop is essential for managers and practitioners to develop their knowledge and skills enabling them to scope, plan and conduct professional investigations.
By the end of the course the candidates will be able to:
- Identify the key legislation relating to the management of whistle-blowers
- Assess the nature, impact and scope of an investigation
- Identify the responsibilities of an investigator
- Describe the principles of robust and meaningful terms of reference
- Organise and conduct an ethical and effective investigation
- Demonstrate investigative planning, rationale and auditable decision making
- Structure and prepare an investigation report
The technology required to participate is straightforward; a computer, tablet or smartphone, together with a webcam/in-built camera and good-quality access to the internet. ( 2mb minimum )