Overview of the course
We offer Interviewer Training – this workshop is essential for managers and practitioners to develop their knowledge and skills enabling them to scope, plan and conduct professional interviews. Interview evidence can often not be heard if it is ruled inadmissible due to poor or oppressive practice.
This course will help investigation managers get the best from witnesses and assist their recall of difficult or historic events, by giving them confidence to conduct a thorough, professional, and fair interview which can withstand the rigour of later challenge.
The course will:
- Provide the knowledge and skills to get the best from witnesses and assist their recall of difficult or historic events within legislative guidelines
- Show how to conduct conduct a thorough, professional, and fair interview which can withstand the rigour of later challenge
- Give the confidence to handle any workplace interview
The course consists of the following modules:
- Explain the background to investigative interviewing
- Outline the principals of investigative interviewing
- Explain the PEACE framework
- Plan an interview and engage the interviewee
- Utilise different questioning techniques
- Understand compliant and non-compliant interview techniques
Whether you're looking for online or in-person training, we offer the training and resources to help you successfully investigate and resolve reports.
On-Site Training (1 day)
Our face-to-face classroom training is a day-long course covering the essentials of whistleblowing investigation processes.
In order to facilitate interaction between the trainer and delegates, class sizes are small. This is to ensure we provide an optimal experience for attendees, and that they receive the correct level of attention during the programme.
Online Training (1/2 day)
Our online training sessions typically include 2.5 hours of lessons. In order to facilitate interaction between the trainer and delegates, class sizes are small. This is to ensure we provide an optimal experience for you and your employees, and that they receive the correct level of attention during the programme.
Online sessions are hosted on a secure Microsoft Teams network. During the sessions, delegates are able to see, talk to, and message the trainer. Our trainers are happy to answer any questions you may have and can offer unparalleled expertise.
All our sessions are hands-on, interactive, and cover a number of case studies to give attendees a real-world insight into the investigative process.
Complete the form to the right and one of our training staff will contact you to understand your needs, requirements and advise you on the most suitable training solution for your organisation.
Alternatively, call us today on +44 (0) 191516 7720