The Government has made it clear that gifts and corporate hospitality are not exempt from The Bribery Act. Whilst routine and inexpensive hospitality is allowed, lavish or extraordinary hospitality is not.
Transparency International, who advised the Government on the Bribery Act, recognise the risks of negligence, inexperience and ignorance. They have suggested companies introduce procedures and controls, including thresholds and reporting procedures, to ensure that policies relating to gifts, hospitality and expenses are followed.
Safecall provides a simple and inexpensive solution. We offer, via our secure website, a worldwide service for employees, agents, contractors, customers and potential customers to contact you to register gifts or hospitality offered, received or requested and for you to provide appropriate advice.
The online service enables users to: -
• Log details of gifts or hospitality
• Log requests from others for gifts or hospitality
• Obtain appropriate advice
• Have 24 hour access
It enables clients to: -
• Receive alerts for excessive gifts or hospitality
• Advise staff on appropriateness of such offers
• Have easy access to all data
• Show 'adequate procedures' are in place to prevent bribery